Saturday, January 22, 2011

22 January 2011
The last week of classes is done, and we’re enjoying our last weekend together before being split up and sent out to our ministry locations. Next Tuesday, six people will be heading North to Korhogo, where they will be getting involved with some of the churches and projects up there, while the rest of us stay here for a week of orientation before heading out into our areas of service here in Bouake.
Right now it looks like I will be involved in working with one of the orphanages here in town, and also with a center that helps girls that have been involved in prostitution. I’ve only visited the center once, but it seems like great program that uses art, drama, and dance to help promote healing. I’m not sure yet exactly what I will be doing in either place, but I’m excited to see what opportunities turn up. In addition to that, I will also be spending some time with two of the guys who are doing construction projects helping to build a church, and also helping with some things on campus getting ready for the next group of Journeyers that are hopefully coming in March or April.
Please keep us all in your prayers as we begin this next phase of our journey, for the relationships we’ll be building, as well as for our French learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.